Randomness

The Spanish Regents was easy. I had to wake up early for it, but it was alright. I then got some pizza and came back for the Math III Regents. Well, sort of like that—I had to get some frisbee in there. The math test was easier than any of the past tests given for review. I got forty minutes of sleep (fake sleep, a.k.a. rest) since we weren't allowed to leave until 2:05 PM and I finished it at 1:25 PM. I played some more frisbee after that. It was really windy and a storm was brewing so everybody left, but luckily just as I was about to leave a bunch of Polish people from college showed up and we had a game of ultimate.

Yesterday I was discussing what it meant to speak a language fluently with Sam and Zhana. It means to speak with a natural flow and understanding of its mechanics even if you are really bad at it and can't get your grammar right if your life depended on it. During this conversation though, it struck me that teenagers communicate very little in English and mostly in, um, you know. Even people like I, whose language skills, in my humble opinion, are pretty good can't seem to spontaneously put their thoughts into words when speaking. Maybe it will come to me eventually.

Time for this week's Friday Five

  1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?
  2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?
  3. How do your normally wear your hair?
  4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?
  5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?

This is so fucking shallow for a Friday Five. My hair used to be regular curly hair, then short, and now it's a fro. If I could change my hair I would get a larger fro. I guess this Friday Five is symbolic of the wasted week of sleep, exams, and bad weather.

Latest entries to this site

Info

This was written on Friday, June 20, 2003 by Lenny.

Comments

Read 0 and add your own.