Golf movies...is there a worse genre? The plot synopsis of any golf movie is:
- Boy starts to play golf.
- Boy learns of legendary player and starts to play better using the legend as inspiration.
- Boy learns location of legend and searches for him.
- Boy finds legend, but the legend “doesn't play that game any more.”
- Boy and legend learn life lessons from each other.
- Legend dies.
- Boy enters a tournament and just before losing he remembers that winning isn't important and goes on to win.
That's pretty much the general rule of those films. I guess they're not really the worst, but they are pretty bad. The only thing more predictable is Harry Potter, which happens to kick ass.