Windows

Ugh. I reinstalled Windows 2000 yesterday and some useful applications today. It comes with absolutely no drivers. I was on 800×600 with 16 colors. All of the video, sound, network, printer, etc. drivers had to come from third-party discs. I had installed Mandrake GNU/Linux about a month ago and mostly liked it, but Windows then became completely unusable and I don't know Linux well enough to keep a Linux-only box. Dual booting sucks. Contrary to popular belief, Linux was much easier to install than Windows, but I am returning to Windows, at least until a new computer making this current one free to be played with. I'll eventually get everything on and will be back to normal computer use.

Latest entries to this site

Info

This was written on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 by Lenny.

Comments

Read 0 and add your own.