Hatemail

My first piece of hatemail came from West Virginia today. He responded to a Usenet post I made publicizing the apology to Vietnam.

His Email
From:"James Watson" <scb01513@mail.wvnet.edu>
To:ldrhcp@yahoo.com
Subject:Apoligize
Date:Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:25:53 -0500

Hay Larry,

You "Apologize" all you want to "for yourself" ! As for me Hell will Freeze over. Give me my M-16 back and I'll go back and get my Left Leg, Right Foot and Left Hand. And see how many more I can take with me....

James,
K8MIA
http://myweb.wvnet.edu/~scb01513/

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by WVNET, and is believed to be clean.

My Response

Thanks for your concern, James. I'm sorry about your injuries in the war. Take care!

I certainly do feel sorry for James and his veteran buddies, but in my original post I explicitly downplay the politics and plea for compassion for civilians from civilians.

Latest entries to this site

Info

This was written on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 by Lenny.