To Pod, or to Do Otherwise

I want an iPod. I do not know of anybody who does not want an iPod. I always wanted it, but I am now actually considering purchasing one, so I call on my readers to talk me out of it. Actually, I don’t expect you to shoot down the idea, but I want a few opinions. So, should I buy an iPod? Is it really worth the money? Where does the iPod mini come into play in the grand scheme of things? The options are:

  1. (Quoting Bond) “There’s no point in living if you can’t feel alive.” Blow the money on the ’Pod.
  2. You don’t have a job, do you? (Hey, asshat: I live off of my parents. Plus I worked for two days over vacation and made some cash.)

At this point it is necessary and proper to interrupt the choices and inform the voters that having the money is not the problem. I can afford an iPod, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. This is like the two dollar hotdog—two dollars is not much, but damn, it’s a fucking hotdog. Anyway,

  1. aforesaid hotdog
  2. Get the mini; it’s cheaper.
  3. Get the mini; it’s smaller.
  4. Get the mini; it has a clickwheel.
  5. Get the mini; it’s colorful.
  6. Get the mini; it’s cheaper, smaller, it has a clickwheel, and it’s colorful.
  7. Get the original iPod; it has more than the measly four gigs of the mini.
  8. It would be worth it if not for your fairly good CD player.

There are more options than there are democrats. Please leave an advice comment.

Latest entries to this site

Info

This was written on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 by Lenny.

Comments

Read 0 and add your own.