Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: best damn sci-fi chick flick ever

I returned from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I will spare you the spoiler, but this is indeed a very good movie. It is probably Jim Carey’s best work.

This is a science fiction chick flick of the highest caliber. As my cousin put it in terms of movies I have not seen: Being John Malkovich meets Memento.

This film has the classic independent film feel to it: utterly and intentionally confusing storyline at first, experimental filmography, and multi-colored hair, but pulls it off with an established cast of actors. It is a welcome change for Jim Carey, who, though always very talented, showed his ability to make a serious film.

On an unrelated note, the film took place in Rockville Centre, the town I was watching the movie in, which made me feel like a true celebrity, then like a true loser for thinking that. My mystake—I believe I just spoiled the movie.

I give thumbs.

Latest entries to this site

Info

This was written on Friday, March 19, 2004 by Lenny.

Comments

Read 0 and add your own.